Do you ever watch that reality show, “Storage Wars”?
It’s the one where they auction off storage lockers to the highest bidder after the customers failed to pay their monthly rent.
Sometimes the highest bidder gets lucky and finds cash, jewelry or something they can auction off for a steep profit.
But for the true “survivalist”, there’s another lesson. . .
If you were ever forced to “bug-out” in order to survive a disaster, crisis, or attack, these units could hold valuable gear for your bug-out bag.
Note: For 41 weird bug-out items, check this out –
Here are 3 lessons I’ve learned from the show…
1. Outdoor units are usually locked with a padlock.
Always keep a set of bolt cutters in your car to gain entry without making a ton of noise by banging it with a hammer or rock.
2. People store really important stuff in storage lockers! Look for things like:
* Bicycles (for backup bug-out transportation)
* Weapons (knives, bows, guns, ammo, etc.)
* Camping gear (very common!)
* Gold & silver (also rare coins and cash)
* All-Terrain Vehicles
* There’s no telling what else!
3. These units could provide temporary shelter on your way to a survival retreat. Map them out along your bug-out route as potential hidaways, but look for more rural ones that are away from larger populations.
The #1 lesson you absolutely must understand in order to know how to survive a bug-out scenario, is to be resourceful.
Most people will flock to the local department stores and loot the hell out of them – and these locations could turn violent as resources run out.
But storage units could provide you with a little-known opportunity to resupply yourself on the move to safety.
Build the ultimate bug-out bag and always be looking for items you can scavenge along the way to get you and your loved ones to safety.
Start here: http://SurvivalKitBugOutBag.com/
Expand from there. 🙂
Your Privacy/Survival Helper
Freedom Writers Publishing
1815 Central Park Dr. #358
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487